Prime Design Homes is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Draftsman to join our team of experts in the home building industry. The Draftsman will be responsible for creating detailed and accurate construction plans and designs using computer-aided design (CAD) software. The candidate will work closely with the design team and construction professionals to create plans that meet all requirements of the home building process.
- Create accurate and detailed construction plans and drawings using CAD software.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, building officials, and construction professionals to ensure designs meet building codes and regulations.
- Review and revise existing designs to meet customer and construction team needs.
- Produce material lists and schedules for construction projects.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of drawings and plans.
- Maintain project documentation and records.
- Work with project managers to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attend team meetings and provide input and suggestions on design and construction processes.
- Continuously develop and update knowledge of building codes and industry best practices.
- Provide technical support and guidance to team members as needed.
- Assist in managing hard-cost construction data.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Drafting and Architecture, Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in CAD drafting for the home building industry
Proficient in CAD software such as AutoCAD and Revit
Proficiency in SoftPlan software preferred
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
INTERESTED IN BECOMING PART OF OUR TEAM?