This position is ideal for those who are highly driven, analytical, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized. The Estimator is responsible for gathering and analyzing data in order to estimate the time, money, materials, and labor associated with residential construction projects for Prime Design Homes.
RESPONSIBILITIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- You will be responsible for determining the resources needed to effectively and efficiently deliver high-quality construction projects and monitor those ongoing
- Read blueprints, plans, and specifications to determine job requirements
- Develops estimates for renovation and new construction projects in a timely manner
- Completes take-off according to specifications to develop competent and competitive estimates for each plan and renovation project
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy
- Inputs take-off data into company estimating software
- Work cohesively with in-house draftsman, project managers, and designer, and communicates effectively with vendors and subcontractors
- You will be responsible for assembling purchase orders on all labor and materials per project.
- Maintains cost estimating tools by keeping data current in the company database and estimating system
- Further develop sub-contractors and vendors and properly qualify;
- Must be well-spoken, polite, and patient when dealing with customers
- Be flexible and willing to also conduct pre-construction related responsibilities.
- Strong team player with the ability to problem-solve and possess conflict-resolution skills
- Experience with Excel, Bluebeam, Planswift, Buildertrend is not required but is heavily weighted
- Two to three years of construction experience required
INTERESTED IN BECOMING PART OF OUR TEAM?